Calvary Assembly of God
Bringing Faith, Hope and Love to Life ~ 2600 Shipley Road, Wilmington, Delaware 19810 ~ 302-478-1275
About Calvary Assembly of God Church
Welcome to Calvary Assembly of God's web site! We offer a many of online Christian resources, great Christian messages during Sunday Services, Sunday School Classes, Wednesday Evening Bible Study and many Church Ministries - including our popular Employment Support Group Ministry. We're located about 1 mile from the Concord Mall in Wilmington, Delaware. Included below, you'll find information about what we believe and what it's like attending an Assemblies of God church service. We look forward to seeing you on Sunday and during our weekly church events!
What We Believe
- The Greatest Commandment
- Assemblies of God Beliefs
- Protestant Church Beliefs
- Pentecostal Church Beliefs
- God's Love For Us
- The Power of Prayer
- Teaching Important Bible Messages Every Week
- Fruit of the Spirit and Gifts of the Spirit
- God Uses Ordinary People to Accomplish Great Work
- The Body of Christ
- Helping Those in Need
- Choices and Consequences
- Honor God With Your Body
- Financial Stewardship
- The Power of Our Testimonies
- Accepting Jesus As Your Lord and Savior
1. The Greatest Commandment
- Matthew 22:34-40 "Hearing that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees, the Pharisees got together. One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question: 'Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?' Jesus replied: 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself. All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.'"
2. Assemblies of God Beliefs
- 4 Defining Truths of The Assemblies of God
- 16 Fundamental Truths of The Assemblies of God
- Position Papers of The Assemblies of God
- Justification by Faith Alone, Not by Works (Good Deeds), Nor by Legalistic Righteousness
- Ephesians 2:8-9 "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast."
- Bible verses on faith.
- Authority of Scripture: The belief in the Bible as the primary source of faith.
- The Universal Priesthood of Believers.
- Martin Luther and the Protestant Reformation
7. Teaching Important Bible Messages Every Week
- 2 Timothy 3:16 "God has breathed life into all of Scripture. It is useful for teaching us what is true. It is useful for correcting our mistakes. It is useful for making our lives whole again. It is useful for training us to do what is right."
- Praying in the Name of Jesus
- The Lord's Prayer
- What to expect when attending an Assemblies of God Church Service.
- Galatians 5:22,23 "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and
self-control. Against such things there is no law."
- Natural Gifts vs. Spiritual Gifts
- 2nd Timothy 1:7 "For God did not give a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, love and of self-discipline."
- Growing in Faith
- Gifts of the Spirit Quiz
9. God Uses Ordinary People to Accomplish Great Work
- When we actively listen to the Spirit for wisdom and direction.
- Zechariah 4:6 "Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit, says the Lord Almighty."
- Sanctification: Being used for our intended purpose (to bring glory to God).
- Life Purpose
- 1 Corinthians 2:9-10 "However, as it is written: 'No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him' - but God has revealed it to us by His Spirit."
- With Spiritual guidance and teaching
- Through our church ministries
- Through community outreach with our ministries, such as our Employment Support Group Ministry
- Through our support of local Christian missions and world missions.
- James 2:15-17: "Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to him, 'Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed,' but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it?" In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead."
- Simply let your yes be yes and your no be no.
- There is no one righteous, not even one.
- For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.
- John 3:16,17: "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him."
13. Choices and Consequences
- For the wages of sin is death.
- Scripture is useful for teaching us what is right.
- Hebrews 4:12 "For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart."
- Psalms 119:11 "I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you."
14. Honor God with Your Body
- 1 Corinthians 6: 19, 20: "Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body."
15. Financial Stewardship
- We are blessed to be able to be blessings for others.
- We help the community and our church through our Employment Support Group Ministry and classes on effective financial management.
- You can't outgive God!
- God Blesses Faithful Givers
- Romans 10:10 "For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved."
- Revelation 12:11a "And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony..."
- Debating Christianity and Agnosticism, Pastor Harry Ironside.
Bible Verses by Topics
Armor of God
- Blessings, Body of Christ
- Challenges, Character, Cheerful, Christmas, Comedy, Communication, Credibility
Faith Healing, Fear, Forgiveness,
Fruit of the Spirit
Greatest Commandment, Great Commission
- Health, Heaven, Hell,
House of Prayer, Humility
- Joy, Judging Others
Life Purpose, Listen,
Lord's Prayer, Love
- Mary's Song, Momentum, Mentoring, Money, Music Videos
- Parable of the Talents, Peace, Perseverance, Possessions, Praise, Prayer, Pride, Priorities
- Reading the Bible,
Run with God
Speech, Spirit, Strength, Sword of the Spirit
Testing the Spirits, Thanksgiving, Tithe, Trust, Trust in God, Truth
- Victory, Vision
- Wisdom, Work